Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cost of vacation to Hong Kong?

I'm a CBC, %26amp;I really wanna visit hong kong in a few year's time w/ a few friends, so I'm hoping for a rough estimate of how much I need to save up. I'm from Vancouver BC.





I heard ppl say you need 'at least' a month to fully "exp" everything? It's possible that I have a place to stay at a relatives, but if not, how much do hotels and the such, cost? (avg/good quality is ok) What about transportation? I have a rough idea of places to visit within Hong Kong, and I think I can find out their costs online.





Is it worth making a trip to places outside of Hong Kong, or along the way from Vancouver such as Japan, Beijing or Shanghai? Or would that increase the vacation cost by a lot? How much more time would I need if I visit other places? Also, I'm just wondering about the costs of clothes, shoes, accessories and other random gadgets and whatnot, oh and food...like are they expensive in terms of Cdn dollars? I guess I just want to try everything





Any suggestions, websites would help! Thanks

Cost of vacation to Hong Kong?
I have no idea about how the exchange rate is going between HK dollar and Canadian dollar - but the HK is tied with US dollar, so if the latter falls, both fall. Transportation is really cheap here in HK (im a local) - it's so cheap I deem it neglectable. Hotels are expensive though, I'd say $200 US at least (which is international standard) for top hotel chains - namely Hilton, Four Seasons, Renaissance... There are some cheaper ones though, still hotels, out there - some in Tsim Sha Tsui. Food is still considerably cheap, and roadside small scale restaurants are perfectly safe and the locals will not take advantage of you. Roadsidewise, $4.5 US is more than enough for a full meal. There are Mc Donalds which are cheap - $3 US for a meal and basically loads of other restaurants, price comparable to those in the US.



Nike

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


shoe accessories © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting